Friday, April 28, 2006

wow....

...it's nearly May. Day to day, the hours seem to drag on interminably, but in the big picture, I can't believe summer's almost here! (I'm so ready for nice weather, after all this fricking rain the past few weeks.) Where has the time gone?

The Booga Boy has new words every day. And he's so good...I say, "Come on, sweet pea, let's go upstairs and change a diaper," and he usually just stops what he's doing, picks up a toy to take with him (to entertain himself during the change), and walks quietly with me up the stairs.

When he asks for something that I don't want him to have (cookies for breakfast, for example), and I say "No, you can't have that right now, sweetie," he takes it in stride and suggests an alternative ("Toast?"). No tantrum, no fussing, no whining. If he can't have one thing, he simply goes through a list of other things until he gets to one that is acceptable to mama.

I have a dream child. I just hope it lasts. I'm pretty sure it won't, though! =)

And it's time for a haircut...for both of us. Hopefully I'll be able to get him in for a cut this weekend. He fussed and fussed in the chair last time. We'll see what happens this time.

I've come to the conclusion that I need to cut down on my computer time at home. Being sucked into WoW and Oblivion isn't good for getting things done. Nor for keeping up good communication with the hubby...or my friends and family, for that matter. I've been neglecting my social ties and using computer games as an escape...from what, I'm not real sure yet. Responsibilities, probably.

So anyway, less computer gaming, more me being in the world instead of just riding along with it.

And dangit, I need to catch up on my Harry Potter reading! I bought the last book on the day it came out, but still haven't read it. Thank goodness I've been able to keep myself relatively spoiler-free. I know someone significant dies...that was leaked and I found out, but I've been real good about not allowing myself to find out WHO, so I can enjoy the book with a pure mind and be suprised/shocked/sad, whatever. And don't *you* tell me, either! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home