Tuesday, September 20, 2005

first rain of the season...

...just started outside. Accompanied by lightning and thunder, which is very unusual around here.

The Booga Boy seems unfazed by the thunder, which is good. Personally, I love thunder. I remember being at Pennsic (SCA event in PA for those who aren't familiar with it) for my first (and so far only) time and one night there was an amazing lightning storm...and none of it hit the ground. It was all from cloud to cloud, so the ink black clouds would light up as the lightning flit from here to there among them, and then a HUGE thunderclap. A whole gang of us from here in California all sat around for hours watching it.

Speaking of the Booga Boy, I've added two new photos of him which I took last week. Such a wonderful smile he has. =) He's sitting next to me at hubby's desk right now, watching an Elmo DVD on the computer.

As for me, work's the same, life's the same. Still coughing. Hubby still having back trouble (healing). He stayed home sick from work today. He's been nauseous since yesterday and his back is really aching where the surgery was. My opinion is that he did a little too much and since the nerves are all connected from your back through your torso, the nausea is directly related to his back pain. But he doesn't want to listen to me, of course. He's very stubborn and hates going to the doctor. I'm glad he already had a pre-arranged appointment with the back surgeon for a follow-up anyway tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be able to tell him what's up.

Pursuant to my previous post, that was the first in a string of 5 nights of insomnia. I'd get to sleep OK going down for the night, but after waking up and giving Booga Boy his bottle at 2 or 3am, I'd lay in bed listening to my brain rattle on and on relentlessly. So frustrating. Last night it finally broke, and I'm hoping for good. I was able to get to sleep after the late night feeding last night, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for tonight.

I'm also struggling with a HUGE urge to purge stuff around here. I don't want to go overboard, so I'm taking things a little at a time. I think my desk is going to be one of the first projects. I just have too much crap on it hehe.

Ah well, back to Elmo. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home