Wednesday, July 27, 2005

healthy Booga Boy

Took him in for his 18-month checkup last Friday, and all is good.

He's 34 inches tall...nearly 3 feet! I knew he was big, but wow! 95th percentile, according to the doc.

Verbal skills coming along nicely, she says, though I wonder. I've seen kids his age saying many more words. I laid in bed the other night trying to identify ones I know he's said...

"kuh" - Truck
"dee dee" - Kitty
"mama"
"dada"
"teef" - Teeth
"nah" - No (this one gets a lot of use hehe)
"ha" - Hi

Those are the identifiable ones, though I am sure he has his own words for things that we just haven't been able to decipher.

Finickiness with foods? Normal, the doc said, he'll outgrow it. Well, I was relieved to hear that, considering just about the only thing he'll eat these days (aside from fruit) is Lean Cuisine Sesame Chicken, and fish sticks with ketchup. Things he used to eat before, he'll refuse to eat now. Guess I'll keep trying, eventually it'll change.

I'm just glad he's doing well, from the doc's perspective.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm new to your site, but happy to read about your baby. Take care. Tammy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home