new computer...new headache
Getting a new system is a love/hate thing with me. I love upgrading my hardware and enjoying the fruits of it. I hate when something goes wrong. Hubby installed a new motherboard/CPU for me, in a new case. Therefore we had to move all the other hardware to the new case too (hard drive, sound card, video card, etc.). But unfortunately, something went wrong and the hard drive had to be reformatted. Thank goodness I'd backed up all my essential files and saved games.So I sat down this morning fully prepared to reinstall all my programs. But lo, though I have a CD drive and DVD drive, what do I see under "My Computer"? Floppy drive A and hard drive C. That's it. For some reason, the computer does not "see" the CD or DVD drives. Therefore I can't install anything that requires me to actually double click the CD drive to start. (versus those that start the install protocol automatically the moment the disc is put into the drive)
And of course hubby is still asleep. And of course, once he gets up (in a few mins), he'll rush to get ready and rush off to work. So I'm left with no email, no EQ, no Sims, no web site files (since I can't get into the network to get my backed up files either), no web site software (Homesite). Sigh.
At least I do have IE, but I tell ya what...I hate wasted time. I could have spent this morning installing things, but instead I'm twiddling my thumbs. And blogging about it of course, hehe.
I shouldn't be annoyed about it though. Hubby worked long and hard to get this system to work after it was all put together, with much frustration, and believe me, I am appreciative.
Hmm....if I go wake him up early, maybe he'll fix it for me. (laugh) That would be so mean. "Honey, I woke you up out of a sound sleep early so you could spend more time futzing with my computer!" That would go over like a lead balloon, I know it.
Oh well, I just need to adjust my attitude and be patient. He'll help get it working tonight when he gets home from work, I'm sure. Just gotta make sure I ask nicely and don't press. Now where did I leave that "good patient wife" implant? ;-)







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home