Monday, July 19, 2004

visualize whirled peas

So my dad comes over this morning to watch the wee one while I go to work (I work PT 3 mornings a week) and brings me gifts!  Peaches from their peach tree in the backyard (mm!) and.....peas!!  Peas fresh from Half Moon Bay! 
 
Now what's the big woop, you might ask?  Well, when I was a kid still living with my parents, every summer we'd drive over the hill to Half Moon Bay and buy a big bunch of peas (I have no idea of the proper name for this type of pea, but I can tell you the pods are large, about 6" long, and the peas are about as big as garbanzo beans).  We'd load back up in the car, open up the bag, and drive back over the hill home, all the way shelling and eating the peas raw from the bag.
 
They were wonderful!
 
Since I've been off to college and married, it's been many years since I had summer peas from HMB.  But today, dad brings me a bag of memories!  Ahhhhh......
 
(munch, munch, munch)

Thanks, dad!  You rule!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home