Wednesday, July 28, 2004

an end of an era...

For many many years I was a total devoted Mac owner. "You can take my Mac when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" was a favorite t-shirt. I still prefer Macs to PC's, but, well, my time as a Mac owner has come to an end.

Today I got rid of my old blue G3. For good. Now I'm PC-only.

I really would have preferred to keep myself in the Mac family, but to upgrade to the latest machine with the features I want for what I do would have been nearly $3000. A comparable PC is half that. And I just can't afford to upgrade my Mac anymore.

I'm sad. I never really thought this day would come. Until the day Apple makes Macs more modular and cheaper to buy, well, I'm going to be a Mac-head reluctantly using a PC. =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home