Monday, August 02, 2004

babyproofing...

...has begun. Hubby spent most of Sunday afternoon and evening redesigning our computer room/family room in order to get rid of all the myraid of wires, plugs, and cables tangled under and behind his desk.

I must say the room looks much better! (and will look even nicer after we've vaccuumed and removed the carboard and styrofoam bits left over, and picked up a bit)

Our wee one has started what I call "worming". He'll roll over onto his tummy...pedal with his legs a bit, scooch forward til he face-plants, then roll over on his back. Then the process starts again. It's slow, but he is on the cusp of being truly mobile, and it's time for us to get down on the floor and figure out what needs to change and what needs to be hidden or gotten rid of. Once he starts crawling and really being able to explore and get into everything, we'll be in trouble if we haven't.

I'm really getting the "this clutter has GOT to GO!" instinct hard now. I'm hoping I can instill some of the urgency into hubby and get him to help. Unfortunately, he and I generate a lot of clutter. It's going to be tough on us to curb our normal habits and really start paying attention to where we put things. "Can baby reach this?" is going to start to have to be primary in our minds.

No more leaving loose change lying around. No more discarded staples lost in the carpet by accident. No more computer cables within easy reach. Flat surfaces in our house collect clutter and we've got to stop it. (an image of Susan Pouder just jumped into my mind - "Stop the Madness!") LOL

Here's hoping I'll stay motivated once I get home from work to dig into the picking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home