Sunday, June 12, 2005

when it rains...

...it pours.

My poor hubby. Yesterday was one of the worst days of his life, I think.

We got a call in the late morning telling us that his uncle (his mom's brother) had passed away suddenly. He'd had a lung transplant recently and had developed a little bit of pneumonia, but this turn of events was a complete surprise! He was such a great guy (according to hubby - I only met him once), and it was a big blow to him. That set the tone for the day. Ugh.

Then we got the call that we knew would be coming some time....at about 10pm last night, his sister called to tell him that his mother had just passed. If you've been reading my posts, you'll know she'd been fighting colon cancer and had just recently discovered that she was losing the battle.

We knew it was only a matter of days, but it was so unbelieveable that she and her brother would die on the same day! Hubby I think is still in shock. And I feel helpless to do much more than be supportive.

He's spending today frantically making phone calls to get his affairs in order for next week (to find coverage for his cases) so he can fly out to Iowa for his mom's funeral. And to see if he can arrange to go to Virginia for his uncle's on Friday.

Gads. Two funerals in one week. Two major losses in one day. I'm just stunned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home