busy busy busy...
The Booga Boy has "graduated" to a new classroom at daycare. He's now in Room C with the 18mo+ kids...and he's having trouble adjusting.Up to now, his schedule (at home) had been:
6 - 7am get up
7 - 9am have breakfast, watch Sesame Street
9:15ish - 11:00ish (give or take half an hour) down for morning nap
11:00ish - 1:30ish go for walk, play with toys, have lunch
1:30ish - 3:30ish down for afternoon nap
3:30ish - 5:30 play
5:30 - 6:30 go for walk with Daddy
6:30 - 7:30 or 8:00 eat dinner, play, watch Elmo
7:30 or 8:00 down for the night
He only goes to day care two days a week, but the change in rooms has changed everything at home too.
Most kids at his age (almost 18mos) have switched from 2 naps/day to only one. Unfortunately, he hadn't. Room C has a fixed schedule, and the kids in there go down for a nap between noon and 2pm, and that's it. So...his schedule has gotten shaken up.
Hubby was convinced we should start switching him to having one nap/day, which we've started doing. I'm having my doubts. More and more I think he still needs the two naps/day, judging by his relative increase in crankiness and still rubbing his eyes and looking tired right around his previous nap times.
So his new schedule (every day, so that each day is consistent - it would be even more jarring I think to have MTuF be 2 naps/day on the old schedule and WTh be the new totally different schedule) is:
6:00 - 7:00am get up
7:00 - 10:00 eat breakfast, watch Sesame Street, play
Wed/Thurs:
9:00am go to daycare (with nap from noon - 2pm)
M/Tu/F:
10:00am - 11am walk with Grandpa
11am - 11:30am lunch
11:30am - 2:00 or 2:30pm nap (yeah, 3 hours most days)
2:00 or 2:30pm - 5:30pm play, go to park or pool, watch Elmo, etc.
5:30pm and on, same as previous schedule
I want to give it a try, this conversion, to appease hubby. If it seems not to be working within the next week or so, I'll switch him back. I'm sleep deprived and so is hubby. I do *not* want the Booga Boy to be sleep-deprived if there's no need for it.
So much of parenting is common sense + trial and error. If the Booga Boy needs more sleep than other kids right now (which I did at his age, IIRC), then I want him to be able to get it. We shouldn't *force* him to conform to what "they" say kids his age should be doing if it's not right for him. He'll get there on his own time.
Oh, and I've been working on more photos. Those should be up soon. =)







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home