Tuesday, August 10, 2004

day 2 and all is well...

I'd expected my training session at work to last all day (til 5), but it didnt. Thank the gods. I was out of there at 1:30 and zooming down the freeway to pick up my boy! He seemed real glad to see me!

One of the ladies there said he'd eaten better today, and another commented on what a pleasant baby he was. =) As hubby says, I cooked him well.

Two days isn't really much to evaluate how he's going to handle day care, but my preliminary gut feeling is that it's going to be OK and he's not going to be any the worse for wear emotionally. I probably will be, but he won't.

I'm dreading the upcoming "separation anxiety" phase that I've been warned will likely occur in month 8 or 9. I'm thankful, though, that we've started him in day care before that, so it won't be a big scary unknown environment to have to adjust to when he's also going through the separation fears.

He's a pretty well-adjusted boy. I think he'll be OK. I am probably going to continue to have these fears and guilt about him being there, but like so many mothers before me, I'll have to deal with it as best I can. That doesn't mean I'm going to become complacent about making sure things are going well there. I plan to keep my eyes and ears open for possible signs of trouble.

So far, though, from what I've seen, and from what we've heard from other parents, this place is OK.

I breathe a small sigh of relief inside (silly me I know) that tomorrow and Thursday will be grandma day care. That I can handle so much better.

Now I've just got to pick up the house so she won't think we're total slobs! Ugh, the clutter! (grin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home