Thursday, July 15, 2004

internet withdrawal....

...is a terrible thing. =)

We've been without internet access at home since Monday. (yes I have been blogging from work during my mornings, tsk tsk) It's amazing how much I missed having it, even on the first day. Couldn't surf the web, look at my Xena sites, check my email, IM my friends, or post blog entries. Horrors!

So I picked up a book...shocking! It's called Tuf Voyaging, and it's a collection of short stories originally published in Analog Magazine by George R.R. Martin. I'm enjoying it very much! The protagonist is a scrupulously honest and extremely intelligent space trader who has run-ins with extremely UNscrupulous people, and through his humor and cunning, ends up getting the best of them. It's definitely a "thinking person's" set of stories.

Now that I'm back online here at home (it was our home router that poofed), I'm determined to at least finish the darn thing and not let the internet re-consume me.

Hah! Silly me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home