Sunday, November 14, 2004

whew, it's over...

Yesterday was Investiture (my coronation). It was a loooooong-ass day, but everything went smoothly, and I was really pleased. We got several comments from people on our "presence" as we entered the hall to take the thrones. Apparently, we overwhelmed the room. I don't know about that, really...all I remember from our procession was not being able to hear our spokesman (rats!), and the hush of the audience...I guess I took their lack of reaction as a sense of blase-ness and my initial feeling was of disappointment that we didn't go over very well. Maybe I was mistaken...according to the folks who talked to us about it later, we "took" the room.

All I know is that things went off without any major hitches, and I'm so very grateful to all the people who helped that happen.

So now I'm a Princess. Pretty freaky...but good. I'm hoping to have a good reign, and leave the populace (when we're done) with a feeling of fun and pride.

And I'm hoping I don't get burned out, as can happen. Gonna have to really watch out for that.

The one sucky thing? I'm sick again. Had a sore throat all day yesterday during the proceedings, and woke up this morning much worse. I can barely talk, and my throat is gummed up but on fire at the same time. Lovely green gobs of goop I'm coughing up as well. Ugh. Gross, I know.

Again, I ask. Why does your phlegm turn fluorescent green when you're sick??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home