to paraphrase an obscure e-Elvis, "He's Huuuuuge!"
My wee one had his 9-month checkup yesterday, and he's doing just great. =)He's 30" tall, 23 lbs...that puts him in the 95th percentile for height. There is a couple we know that has an 18-month old boy, and my wee one is the same size as he is! As we were leaving the doctor's office, I ran into the OB/GYN doctor who treated me while I was pregnant. I smiled and said, "This is my boy." He said, "He's HUUUGE!" =)
Aaaanyway, the doctor showed me where there's a tooth juuuuust about ready to pop through my wee one's gums (on the bottom)...no wonder he's been drooling like a mad fiend lately, and stuffy and snotty. Apparently when teeth are getting ready to erupt like that, it causes the head to produce more fluids (saliva, snot, etc.) than normal. And the overabundance of fluid can also cause ear inflammation, which he does have - he's been pulling at his ears recently.
The doc was very impressed by his manual dexterity (ability to grasp things delicately with his fingers, which most kids apparently can't do real well at this age), and by his language progress - meaning the great variety of sounds that he's making: ba-ba-ba-ba, da-da-da-da, ma-ma-ma-ma, na-na-na-na and he's working on the "TH" sound with his tongue too. He talks a lot. =)
He's such a good boy.
We leave for Hawaii on Saturday - our yearly family trip (my sister and her hubby live on Maui). It'll be interesting flying with him this time. The trip to Vegas was short, so he didn't really have much time to get antsy, but this flight will be 5 hours! I shudder to think what's going to happen. He's mobile now, where he wasn't before, and he's gonna want to get out of the seat and walk around, but he's going to be frustrated by having to stay put.
We'll see how it goes. He might be really good. (keeping fingers crossed) But I'm sooo glad to be going on this vacation. With all the stresses of preparing for this princess thing (the big day is Nov. 13th), I'm in dire need of some relaxation time. Fruity rum drinks with umbrellas...just what I need. =) Alooooooo-HA!







1 Comments:
your baby clothes are fantastic!! super stuff,, wish i had a baby,, mines 17 and he is bigger then me,,
Thats stuff is so adorable!! cutchie, cuttchie cue
Quake
Post a Comment
<< Home