Monday, August 23, 2004

when the cat's away....

So I'm all alone at work this week. Silly me, I thought "Hey, things ought to be pretty quiet this week with no one else around." Boy, was I wrong! I spent most of the morning troubleshooting email and a website for this client who knows absolutely nothing about the internet.

"The website doesn't work!" she complains. Yeah, that's helpful. "Ok ignoramus, WHICH PART of the site doesn't work?" Of course I didn't say that. I was helpful customer service personified. But you know...if you are a training organization, and you rely on your website to have your customers register and pay for classes, one would think you would take some time to find out how it works so when your customers call you about it, you can HELP them instead of calling and screaming at us about something that could have been fixed/handled by YOU if you only knew the minutest amount about it.

/sigh

No, I don't feel strongly about this at all. Hah!

I just hate having my time wasted by morons.

Needless to say, I got very little REAL work done this morning because of this situation. At least I have the rest of the week to try and catch up. Most of the time I'm very very glad I only work part-time, but when stuff like this happens and I get behind, part of me wishes for more time to work on it. Then I smack myself and remind myself that I've got a pretty good thing going - work part-time, spending time with my adorable wee one the rest of the time. And hubby making enough money so that I can.

Speaking of hubby (raising hand to change subject), last night he ordered tickets for us to see "Mama Mia", that musical with all the Abba tunes in it, as well as tickets to see Queen......in Las Vegas!! Yes, we're packing up the boy, taking him to grandma & grandpa's, and going off to Las Vegas for 3 days in September! Alone! WOOT!

I can't wait. Last time I was in LV, they were just starting to build New York New York. That was...umm...1995 I think. Maybe 1994. ANYWAY, I'm dying to see all the new resort hotels! We'll be staying at the Golden Nugget, the casino where they filmed the recent reality series "Casino". I'm hoping we'll get to see that awesome lounge singer guy there.

And maybe play some Blackjack. =) OH! And go to the Hilton for the Star Trek Experience, now that they've upgraded it. When we were there last, the lower level was all done up like the Promenade from ST: Deep Space Nine, including Quarks restaurant, AND guys running around in Klingon and Ferengi suits. It was waaay cool. Hoping they left that in tact when they redid the thrill ride/attraction thingie.

I'll let you know after we get back. =) Or....if hubby brings his laptop, maybe I'll be able to report from LV! Hehe, well, we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home