back in the swim of things...
So today marks Day One of my return to the swimming pool after many many moons. Geez, I'm out of shape. My form and technique are still there, but the muscles get tired so fast, and my cardiovascular system and stamina are severely underpowered.Swimming at the local YMCA in Los Altos. They've got a real nice pool. Outside, regulation length, with even the proper markings on the bottom, lane lines, and backstroke flags. The awesome thing is that it is only 3 blocks away from the wee one's day care, so after getting off work at 12:30, off I go to the Y to swim, and then pick up the wee one.
I'm so glad to finally be doing something to get rid of this last 15 lbs of pregnancy weight! Now if I could lose another 10 or 15 AFTER that, well, life will be good. =) Baby steps, baby steps. Today was only the first day.
I do feel very good for having swum today though. My body is tired, but I have that after-workout fatigue that's really not like any other kind of tiredness. I'm tired, but I'm also feeling good. And I think I'll sleep better tonight, too.
After the past few months having only two pairs of pants that fit, I'm ready to be non-pregnant looking again!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home