Friday, January 07, 2005

blue blue Christmas...

...well, Christmas + 3 days. I found out the Tuesday after Christmas that I'd lost the baby. No heartbeat.

New Year's weekend my body began the cleansing process, and that Sunday was the day of misery when I went through the horrible cramps and when the main bulk of the purging happened. It was awful.

Hence my absence from posting. I've been kind of well, uninspired to write.

All the rationalization in the world (1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage, most likely from chromosomal problems) still doesn't help the grief.

Granted, I was only 8 weeks along or so, but for me, it was still a great blow. A potential life lost. A potential new joy missed.

Hubby and I haven't really decided whether we're going to try again (planned this time, heh). I've been told to wait at least 2 cycles before trying...but I think it may take longer than that to be ready mentally.

We'll see. My sympathies go out to all those women who have gone through this too. Though it doesn't get talked about a lot in this society, it happens more than you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home