Friday, December 24, 2004

the Christmas Eve reports...

(in no particular order)

...I clogged up our sink with week-old Pho noodles and spent most of the morning taking apart the plumbing under the sink trying to figure out where the clog was. No luck. And I had a typical amateur-plumber event when I unscrewed one joint and had water gush everywhere! Gads.

...The wee one's surgery went great. He charmed the socks off all the docs and nurses while we were waiting to go into prep, and he passed through with flying colors. There was a little bit of blood on his sheets last night, but they said that might happen, so I'm keeping an eye out. There hasn't been any more.

The best thing about it? After coming home from the hospital and sleeping 3 hours, he was up and happy, and chattering. He's been talking much more now...cooing and babbling. And he walks better! He's more steady on his feet. I'm very pleased. =)

Special thanks to Jennifer, who privately emailed me with words of support. Thanks hon, you helped ease my fears!

...Christmas Eve with my parents tonight. My mom just loves playing with the wee one. It's so nice to see her glow over him...it's a side of her I haven't seen much in all my life. She tells me that Dad is just thrilled about the new baby coming. He hasn't mentioned it to me, but he's like that...reserved with his feelings. I can tell he dotes on the boy, though. =)

...Merry Christmas to all you folks out there.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

(first visit to your blog...I'm very happy the operation for your wee one went well!)

I can relate on the sink clogging. One Thanksgiving, I lost all reason and stuffed 20 potatoes worth of peelings into a garbage disposal. It took three days, two well-intentioned male relatives and an actual plumber to set things right. Plus several condescending lectures. I'm amazed by anyone who does their own amateur plumbing, water gush or not!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home