sick sick sick...
Both the wee one and I are. Bah!Yeah ok, I guess I've pretty much known I've been sick since before I posted that little tidbit wondering to the ether about why phlegm turns green when you get sick.
Took the wee one to the doctor yesterday to see about his stuffy nose and cough (which is even worse today, the poor thing), and happened to mention in passing my 3 weeks of snorting up green gross goop, and the doc took one look up my nose with that black cone-shaped light probe thing - you know, the one that normally looks in your ears - and said "Yep, you've got a sinus infection. Just like a mother to not take care of herself." I suppose I could have been offended at that, but heck, the doc's got four kids of her own, so she would know, heh.
So I get to take this uber-strong antibiotic for the next 5 days and hope it doesn't make me break out in a rash like so many antibiotics have before (penacillin, erythromycin, etc. etc.). Got some meds for the wee one too. Pink liquid that looks like Pepto, heh. Hopefully it'll taste better. The doc said that if he wasn't better by Friday, then I should start him on the medicine, but since his cough was so much worse last night/this morning, I think I may go ahead and start him on it when I get home from work today.
Poor little guy. I can tell just by his general demeanor that he's not feeling good. He's normally so smiley and happy, and he's just been kind of cranky and lethargic. =( /sigh
And to add more annoyance, because of the Vegas trip and now this sinus infection, I haven't been able to swim like I wanted! Bah! Must lose pregnancy weight!!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home